How to Get a Concealed Carry Permit in Florida?
It does not matter if you are brand new to the firearm and self-defense world or a seasoned pro. Following the steps to get your concealed carry permit is easy! It can be one of the best decisions of a lifetime. Bring your family and friends too! (21 or older)
How Long does it take to get a concealed carry permit?
I think you would agree when we say that carrying a firearm is a necessary freedom. So, the best thing to do is to get legally certified to carry one. The main concern we hear with getting a concealed carry permit is that it takes time and money.
3 Steps to Getting Your Concealed Carry Permit
There are only 3 main things you need to get certified to legally carry a firearm. You might now know this but firearms are not the only self-defense weapon a concealed carry permit allows you to legally carry.
STEP-1 Are You Eligible?
- You must be a U.S resident and a U.S. citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- If you are serving overseas in the U.S. Armed Forces, you must have a copy of your deployment documentation when you apply.
- Must be able to showcase your competency with a firearm. (There are some incredibly simple and FUN concealed carry courses on these skills)
- You must be 21 years of age or older
- There is a list of things that will disqualify you making you ineligible. Click here for a list of disqualifiers.
STEP-2 The most enjoyable step, Get the Training!
- Our instructors have all the knowledge you need for a concealed carry permit. From the legal aspects to the tactical skills.
- Here in Florida, there are tons of options to get the training you need for a concealed carry permit. But there is only one that does it the best. Our classes are taught by the most experienced and engaging instructors in the industry.
- We understand it is a lot of information to learn. So, we have broken our classes down into easily digestible and engaging lessons. We take the classroom into real-world situations and make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.
STEP 3 Submit Your Application
- Submit your application in person at one of eight regional offices located throughout Florida. Click here for a list of these offices.
- Click here to view the application.
- Call the regional office nearest to you to make an appointment. You can fill the application there.
- Make sure you have identification and payment on hand when you go in for this appointment.
WASN’T THAT SIMPLE?
There you go! That is everything you need to get your concealed carry permit in Florida. Three simple steps will get you on your way to exercise your firearm freedoms. We really suggest getting the proper training and make sure to do it at the right place. Click Here to view courses happening this week in your area!